Saturday, January 1, 2011

Zen New Year

Croquis 1

Happy New Year to each of you.

I just got home from a New Years evening out. It wasn't the traditional way of celebrating, but it was great. I went to an evening of yoga. We gathered at 10pm, and were guided through two hours of quiet, and slow moving, yoga. The evening culminated in savasana pose at midnight, which was signaled by the three rings of the bell. We shared an appreciation to each other, and bowed in our communal response of Namaste.

Afterward we open sparkling cider, champagne, and treats to eat. We sat, we spoke, we touched. We laughed, we shared, we confirmed each other's presence.

I came home feeling peaceful. I came home feeling connected.

Someone asked where I have been. My absence from our class had been noticed. I was encouraged to return. Maybe it's time to come out of hiding. Maybe it's time to rejoin the world. Maybe my self imposed hibernation is over.

Maybe.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful way to bring in the new year. I feel more Zen just reading about it. I'm glad you're finding your way out of hibernation. Wishing you a happy and blessed 2011. I thing you've inspired me to get out my Wii fit yoga...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds as though you had a wonderful evening and found the perfect way to kickstart the new year. It's so nice that everyone stayed around to talk and share and that you were encouraged to return to the sessions. Yes, maybe it is time to come out of hibernation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, many blessings in the year ahead - sending, love, light and peace your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to spend New Years Eve.
    Namaste.
    Dorthea

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat way to say good bye to the previous year and hello to the new one .... relaxed and peaceful.
    I hope that you keep feeing the encouragement to return ... and to live well in 2011.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been sitting here watching your "Images from my blog" ... and thinking about everything you've lost, how you are wading through the treacle of grief, and how lucky I am to have you in my life. I wish you strength and more laughter than tears for 2011. Love you. Boo xxxx

    ReplyDelete