Friday, October 22, 2010

It Wasn't Meant To Be

Keep on Moving

Today I learned that I didn't get the house I had submitted a bid for. It was a disappointment, as the kids and I had come to an quick, and easy, agreement that it was the right house for us. But apparently, it wasn't.

It wasn't meant to be.

Don't you just hate those words? How many times have we been placated by such words? You didn't get something you wanted? Oh, well, it wasn't meant to be.

Your husband didn't survive his cancer? It wasn't meant to be.

You didn't get happily ever after? It wasn't meant to be.

Well, when I received the disappointing news today, that is exactly what I told myself. It wasn't meant to be. Well, unless the current buyer drops out, then I suppose it was meant to be. It just wasn't mean to be today, or this time.

I tend to be the type that can fairly easily accept what fate has brought me, let go, and move on. Of course fate brought me a far bigger disappointment last year, and those words failed me. I couldn't just easily accept that this was his, our, and my fate. Yet, at this point, one year later, I am in the position of saying, okay, it happened, what can I do other than move on. I know those words sound horrible, but yes, I have to move on. I can't, or choose not to, get stuck in the position of digging in my heels and stopping the process of life just because I didn't get what I had hoped for. Like always, I need to let go of what I can't control, and move on to what I can.

I can keep moving.

2 comments:

  1. i hope you quickly find another home to love. peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few times, when it came to things that fell through for me, something even better came along shortly after and left me thinking, "Whew, I'm glad that first thing didn't work out!". That actually happened a year ago when my house sale got bogged down by the buyer's inability to secure financing. I was hot to put in an offer on a place in nova scotia. I can't tell you how glad I am that things didn't go according to plan and that I ended up with a different house. So, that's just another way of looking at these situations. I try to remember that when I get feeling a bit sad that stuff does't work out better for me-which seems to happen pretty often. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete